Check Out The New Stories by Greenwood Writers
As some of you know, I teach creative writing as well as being an author. I love teaching. It is the second great love of my life. So I was really taken when I came across a Huff Post article by Sara Roncero-Menendez about writers who tell entire stories in six words.This isn’t a new thing. It’s been around for decades.
Some say it began with Ernest Hemingway’s masterpiece—“For sale: baby shoes, never worn”—but it’s new to me, and it’s fairly new to Reddit and Tumbler.
I decided to ask my Facebook followers to submit their stories. What I got is a number of wonderful tales.
AUTHORS SHARE THEIR STORIES
- These substances: once me. No longer. D.J. Stipe
- Life without love—what’s the point? Tim Cocker
- but not forgotten, because i write Elizabeth Ward Pabst
- Negative words planted, produce toxic fruit Debbie Cocker Rosales
- I jumped, I pulled, chute failed. Heath Langle
- Your life depends. Heart Begs. Breathe. Laura Lee Brennan
- Designer cologne helped mask the fear. Gil Tisnado
- SIN stands for self-inflicted nonsense. Alan Dolit
- Loveliness here missed. Eternal Angelic company. Sheryl Saturnino
Your skin, whisper soft, soon gone.
NEW FABULOUS SIX-WORD STORIES
- Crash, helicopter, hospital, intensive care, dead. Jeanine DeBerry
- Lake Tahoe in rearview mirror. Freedom.
- Thinking outside the box. Living outside. Two tales by Joann Eisenbrandt
Thanks to all who participated.
In future, I’ll ask my students to write their six-word memoirs, although story subjects can include such things as race, love, sexual orientation, class, religion and gender.
Post your stories in any category to my Facebook page, www.facebook.com/authorjochandler